This purpose of this blog is share with our friends in Indonesia descriptions and pictures of our life in America.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday August 31

I've survived my first night of teaching at the local community college. I'll be teaching a class there one night a week until mid-December. There are 22 students enrolled in my class but only 17 showed up. My Indonesian friends will be shocked to hear that most of the students showed up for class 10 minutes before starting time. This is a computer class with a big focus on Word, Excel and Access. It will be pretty intense but this is my third semester of teaching a class like it so I should be able to stay one step ahead of the students.

At Hardin Valley Academy we are preparing to hold the Student Government elections tomorrow. Students who are part of student government play leadership roles in planning many activities for the student body. There are many posters and signs up all over the school spreading the word about various candidates. The candidates also had the opportunity to videotape speeches, which were broadcast throughout the school yesterday.




No comments:

Post a Comment