This purpose of this blog is share with our friends in Indonesia descriptions and pictures of our life in America.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday August 24

This has been a busy week and it's only going to get more busy. Monday night Nancy had open house at her school. That's when all the parents of students come by the school and meet the teachers. She also had a meeting of the leaders of Teens Encounter Christ (TEC), which is a retreat ministry led by high school and college students.

Last night I had my orientation night at the college where I teach my computer class. Those classes will be on Wednesday nights, starting next week (thank goodness I didn't have class tonight).

Today after school I had a training session on part of the new teacher evaluation system we will be using this year. Nancy picked up Jacob from his afternoon marching band practice and took him to his last piano lesson. He has been taking piano lessons from the most wonderful teacher for four or five years, and now he simply doesn't have time for them any more.

The rest of our week doesn't slow down one bit. Tomorrow night I've got another teacher training workshop, followed by the Hardin Valley Academy open house. Nancy has another TEC meeting also tomorrow night.

On Friday we will all collapse for a few minutes after school, then Jacob travels with his marching band to their football game, which is against another high school in Knoxville. Nancy and I will join several other couples from our church for a dinner party. No, I don't have to cook anything, except for maybe a little bread. I believe if we arrive without any bread then they won't let us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment