This purpose of this blog is share with our friends in Indonesia descriptions and pictures of our life in America.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Scenes of Christmas Day

We visited with my parents in Oak Ridge the day before Christmas. My sister Laura and her family made the trip to spend Christmas there, so it was a great reunion. Jacob spent part of the time performing Christmas carols on the ukulele while Kaley sang along.My nieces are precious and very photogenic. Sometimes they are moving so quickly that they are just a blur.
The girls left out a snack for Santa on Christmas Eve. I still can't figure out how Santa gets the presents into my parent house, as they chimney leads to a fireplace in the basement, not on the main floor.
The girls make happy Christmas sounds with their hand bells while checking out their stockings, which I imagine were filled will all sorts of goodies.
It's Christmas morning and time to open presents at my parents' house. We were not there but we have these pictures to share. Christmas morning is always more exciting when young kids are involved!
In the afternoon the gang from Oak Ridge came over to our house. We opened some more presents. Jacob was delighted to receive a variety of hot sauces. Since our return from Indonesia Jacob has been searching for a good hot sauce here.
Jacob had a great time with the girls. As the big kid he can toss them around...gently.
Kaley enjoys rides around the house and is quite adventurous to not hang on.
Craig joined the action and the group paused long enough for a picture in front of the tree. This is our "formal" tree with matching ornaments and white and red bows.
Here I am with my brothers and sister. That's Doug, Laura and Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment