This purpose of this blog is share with our friends in Indonesia descriptions and pictures of our life in America.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Prom - All Dressed Up

Prom is a big dance party surrounded by getting beautiful in gorgeous clothes, sharing a nice dinner, and doing fun things after the dance. Usually only seniors and juniors go to the prom, but Jacob was invited by Rachel, his friend from Musical Theater, so he got to attend as a freshman.
Dancing at the prom comes in all forms, styles, and levels of expertise. There seemed to me more socializing and celebrating than just dancing.

Nancy and I attended our fourth Hardin Valley prom together. My students are always very excited when I tell them that I've got my date to the prom lined up already! Then they find out it's just my wife. We have fun checking in the students as they arrive at the front door. That way we get to see all the fancy dresses and tuxedos. Notice that we didn't spring for the full prom look.

No comments:

Post a Comment